The Red Chamber Cultural Society was formed to support the activities of the Red Chamber ensemble through the preservation, development, and promotion of traditional music and instruments from around the world. The ensembles activities also promote music by woman, minority cultures, and emerging artists.
The purposes of the Society are:
a. To support, present, and promote the education, preservation, contemporization, inter-media
experimentation, and cross-cultural exploration of traditional music and arts from the world's cultures.
b. To create platforms for arts and cultural professionals, youth, elderly, and those with physical or
mental challenges to work together to explore existing and new world cultures.
- RC World: tour to China, November 2019
- RC World: Guangzhou TV, China, July 2019
- Emergence Mentorship program for woman from underrepresented cultures/genres. May 2019
- Mei Han and Red Chamber, San Francisco Symphony Orchestra, Feb 2019
- RC World: CCTV, China, Feb. 2019
- Mei Han and Red Chamber, tour to Portugal, May 2018
- Mei Han and Red Chamber, tour to Vancouver Island Music Fest with Yoro Noukousi, 2018
- Mei Han and Red Chamber, ISCM concert, Vancouver, BC, 2017
- Mei Han and Red Chamber, tour to Courtenay BC, 2017
- Mei Han and Red Chamber, tour to Nevada, 2016
- Mei Han and Red Chamber, Contemporary and Classical Chinese Music CD, (ARC Records), 2016
The Red Chamber Cultural Society receives would like to thank the following agenceis for their support:
Register and incorporated under BC Societies Act:
Feb. 24th, 2015
Board of Directors
Mark Armanini, Pres.
Jan Walls, VP
Aneeta Dastoor, Sec.
Katherine Lee, Tres.